This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use it. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who we are
Your personal information will be processed by Cassiltoun Housing Association. This privacy notice covers Cassiltoun Housing Association and subsidiaries, each of whom processes your personal information for different purposes.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration numbers:
Cassiltoun Housing Association - Z4735503
Cassiltoun Stables Nursery - ZA052887
This website privacy notice explains how we collect and use personal information about you. Separate versions of Privacy Notices are issued to our Tenants, Staff and Board Members.
We taker the issue of security and data protection very seriously, including compliance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
When you visit our website, we may collect personal information about you if you:
- pay your rent;
- pay your factoring bill;
- report a repair to us;
- make a complaint to us;
- complete and submit a “contact us” form to us; and
- log in to your account via the Customer Login.
We may use this personal information to:
- provide you with the services that you have requested from us;
- communicate with you, including in response to any of your enquiries;
- improve our services and respond to changing needs;
- process your rent payments;
- carry out repairs to your property;
- handle and resolve complaints made by, or, against you;
- keep the personal information that we hold about you accurate and up-to-date (if you provide any new personal information to us via the website); and
- signpost you to organisations that can offer benefits and debt advice and support.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal data to any of our employees, officers, contractors, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers or subcontractors and healthcare providers insofar as reasonably necessary, and in accordance with data protection legislation.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- with your consent;
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to complete a regulatory return
- to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, users of our websites and other persons;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- If we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to solicitors, independent investigators such as auditors, the Scottish Housing Regulator and other regulatory body involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise;
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- to another organisation if we enter into a joint venture or merge with another organisations.
What are the legal bases for us processing your personal data?
We will only process your personal data on one or more of the following legal bases:
- our legitimate interests
- vital interests
- public interest / official authority
- legal obligation
Where do we keep your data?
Your information will only be stored within the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). Where we engage third parties to process personal data this may be processed internationally, where this meets legal requirements.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes described above, including to meet any legal, accounting, reporting or regulatory requirements and as detailed in our Retention Policy and Schedule.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
The security of your personal information is of paramount importance to us and we use appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information.
However, while we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and, for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that is transferred by or to you via the Internet. If you have any concerns about the security of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) for more information.
If you wish to exercise you right to access your information, you may wish to use our Subject Access Request Form.
You have the right at any time to request us to comply with your request to exercise your data subjects’ rights, including:
Please contact our DPO if you wish to make any of the above requests. To contact them please email email@example.com and copy us in at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you make a request, we are required to verify your identity and may ask you for specific information to fulfil this purpose. Normally, you will not need to pay a fee when you make any of the above requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
Queries and Complaints
Cassiltoun Housing Association has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Our DPO is provided by RGDP LLP, who can be contacted either via 07935 008316 or email@example.com
Any questions relating to this notice and our data protection compliance should be sent, in the first instance, Fiona McGowan who can be contacted at our registered office or by telephoning 0141 634 2673 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Online: Make a complaint | ICO
The accuracy of your information is important to us; please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your personal and contact details.
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and will place any updates on this website.
This privacy notice was last updated on 24th November 2021