Cassiltoun Housing Association involve tenants in many aspects of their operations and actively encourage tenants to become involved in the decision making process.
• Try to increase the opportunities for tenants to influence decisions about their homes.
• Encourage and support the involvement of residents’ groups and tenants.
• Ensure tenant participation activities operate in accordance with Cassiltoun’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
• Promote effective and innovative methods of communicating with tenants.
• Deal with complaints in accordance with our Complaints Procedure.
• Provide information in plain English and alternative formats when required.
• Regularly review the Tenant Participation Strategy in consultation with tenants.
• Facilitate the setting-up of working groups to consider specific issues
To maximise the mutual benefits to tenants, residents and Cassiltoun.
Benefits for tenants and residents
• Increased control over living conditions.
• Services from Cassiltoun which are better targeted and offer greater satisfaction.
• Greater ability to influence the decisions and direction of Cassiltoun.
• The opportunity to develop skills which can be applied to other circumstances and to the benefit of communities.
Benefits for Cassiltoun
• Better community knowledge and experience, leading to more efficient and cost effective management.
• Services are targeted to needs.
• Cassiltoun is better equipped to respond to changing needs and circumstances.
A full copy of our tenant participation strategy is available here.